Fresh walnuts in shell are a typical product of the charming Irpinia and the Sorrento Peninsula, with important beneficial properties and delicate taste.
Tasting a fresh walnut, besides being a treat for the palate, is also a way to take care of your health.
it is in fact a fruit with truly surprising qualities.
Composition and benefits
Walnut fruit is mainly composed of vitamins and minerals (copper, folic acid, phosphorus, vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin E), antioxidants, proteins, mono and polyunsaturated fats, carbohydrates and fibre.
These peculiarities make walnuts an excellent natural supplement, able to bring many advantages. Fresh walnut health benefits include the following:
- they reduce the risks associated with cardiovascular diseases and preserve the health of the heart;
- they improve blood circulation and lower LDL cholesterol levels;
- they support brain functions especially during the aging phase, slowing down the progression of some degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease;
- have bioactive components with anti-tumour properties;
- help to alleviate hunger and provide energy.
How and when to eat fresh walnuts in shell
Raw fresh walnut in shell can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Walnuts are often eaten alone as a snack, but can also be added to other dishes such as: salads, pasta, cereals and yoghurt for breakfast, soups and bakery products.
There are no reviews yet.