Italy is the second largest producer of hazelnuts in the world and the credit goes mainly to some areas of Campania.
The excellent products that preserve intact the flavours and traditions of this territory do not cease to surprise and delight consumers.
Irpinia hazelnut, the favourite of multinational companies such as Ferrero, and PGI hazelnut from Giffoni (Sa) could not be missing from our sales proposals.
By only selecting the finest fruits of the earth, we are sure to offer our customers only the very best on the market!
Second to almonds in terms of the amount of vitamin E, hazelnuts benefits are considered excellent allies for health. Hazelnut nutrition properties include the following:
- the monounsaturated fats (mainly oleic acid) they contain help lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, preventing the risk of cardiovascular disease;
- their fibres contribute greatly to intestinal regularity;
- being rich in antioxidants, hazelnuts help to counteract the action of free radicals;
- they are rich in magnesium, calcium, vitamin B and vitamin E;
- they are good for the muscles, skin, bones, joints and digestive system.
How and when to eat hazelnuts in shell
Italian hazelnut in shell is perfect at any time of day: after meals or as a snack, alone or with other foods, as an ingredient for sweet and savoury dishes.